Call 01752 346604 for no obligation advice

House Insurance

Buildings Insurance

You will need to have buildings insurance if you take out a mortgage. Most lenders make it a condition of the mortgage offer that you arrange insurance to protect your property against serious damage, such as the house collapsing.

Buildings insurance protects the structure of your home, as well as permanent fixtures and fittings such as baths, toilets, fitted kitchens and windows.

Simply put, items that cannot be moved when you move house are covered by buildings insurance.

The amount of cover you will require should be enough to cover the rebuilding of your property which may bear no relation to the property valuation.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance covers household possessions such as televisions, DVD players, carpets and on a lock and key

Take a look around your home. If you added up how much items within your home such as electrical goods and furnishings cost, the total could easily run into thousands of pounds. A fire or flood can cause massive amounts of damage to both your building and its contents.

How much more would those items cost now than when you bought them if you had to replace them?

With inflation pushing the price of goods up every year that washing machine that was bought 7 years ago could well cost double the original purchase price to replace. That's why contents insurance is so important to have. It gives you peace of mind and financial protection against damage to, or the loss of, contents of your home.

It's important to get the right cover for your own needs so give me a call to discuss your requirements.

Accident, Sickness & Unemployment

With accident, sickness & unemployment policies, you pay for an amount of monthly cover and if you lose your job or can't work, you will receive a monthly payment.

Mortgage payments are likely to be the largest of your monthly bills. With this in mind you need to be certain that you will have enough money to meet your repayments if you lose your job(unemployment) or suffer an accident or sickness (disability).

Consider what would happen if you were unable to work for 12 months. You might receive sick pay from your employer which reduces over time or get income support from the Government whilst looking for a job but the likelihood is this reduction in money would cause financial hardship. Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance can protect you against this.